Sour Cream-Topped Yogurt with Fresh Berries
My favorite dessert of all time is berries and cream. So simple and so delicious and nutritious. Yes, cream is nutritious! Especially if you eat with berries. Here’s a recipe from “How to Cook Without a Book” by Pam Anderson using sour cream and yogurt, inspired by her travels in the south of France. A great way to get those probiotics!
- 1 quart plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups berries of choice
- 8 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- Drain the yogurt in a fine-mesh strainer until it’s as thick as sour cream and has reduced to 2 cups, about 2 hours. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, spoon a portion of yogurt into each of 6 dessert plates. Stirring the sour cream to soften texture, spoon 2 tablespoons over each portion of yogurt.
- Arrange berries around each mound of yogurt. Sprinkle each dessert with a little sugar and serve.