A Better Pumpkin Spice Latte
Do you know what’s in that Starbucks PSL? Let’s see… Sugar, Condensed Milk, Potassium Sorbate, Whipped Cream, Carageenan, Vanilla Syrup (another name for sugar) and finally 50g of ADDED SUGAR! My RESTART peeps already know that’s 12.5 teaspoons of sugar!
If you still want the PSL (like me) but without the junk, try this Better PSL recipe instead. I made one the other day and it was so much better. Option: Try with strong black tea like Early Grey for a delicious alternative to coffee!
- 4 Tbs coffee grounds
- 2 c water
- 1 c unsweetened milk of your choosing
- 1/4 c pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs coconut cream
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 Tbs maple syrup (optional)
- Brew 2 cups (16 oz.) of strong coffee. I added 2 tablespoons coffee grounds per each cup of boiling water in my French press.
- While coffee is brewing, add almond milk, pumpkin purée, and coconut cream to a small saucepan, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and whisk vigorously until the coconut cream is incorporated and the mixture is frothy. Optional: You may also whip the vanilla and maple syrup into the mixture. If you have a milk frother or an immersion blender on hand, you can achieve an extra foamy latte by whipping or blending the mixture.
- Divide brewed coffee evenly into two mugs and pour the pumpkin spice mixture on top. Stir to combine & enjoy!
Recipe Courtesy of FridgeToFork.com