Courtesy of Jeni Hall of The RESTART Program. How does your calendar look these days? Is it filled with holiday gatherings, parties, cookie swaps, or any other food-focused festivities? If so, here are some simple strategies to help you really enjoy the day […]
Month: December 2018
NEW for 2019: Online RESTART! Click here to RESTART from the comfort of your own home… I can’t believe we are half way through December already, and the New Year is soon upon us. How are you doing? How are you feeling? I hope you all […]
Who doesn’t love peppermint during the holidays? Here’s a very yummy REAL food peppermint bark that can be made Low Carb/Keto, AI, and RESTART/21-DSD/Whole30 friendly!
(Courtesy of Cassy Joy @ FedAndFit.com)
- 1 cup coconut butter, warmed to be thin
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons honey (omit for Low-Carb, AI, and RESTART/21-DSD/Whole30)
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped (omit for AI)
- Stir the coconut butter, extra virgin coconut oil, peppermint extract, and honey together until combined.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, pour the mixture and spread out into a large 1⁄4”-thick layer.
- Sprinkle the top with the crushed pistachios and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Break into pieces and keep chilled until serving.
Tip: This is a great base recipe for you to experiment with! Try adding your favorite freeze-dried fruits or even a swirl of dark chocolate to mix things up.