Super Six Ways to Eat More Veggies
So how are you doing with that? Are you eating 50-75% of your plate in vegetables? Most of us are not getting nearly enough. If that sounds like you, it’s time to LEVEL UP! See below for some easy ways to add more veggies to your life. You won’t regret it, because the more veggies you eat, the more veggies you will want.
- Soups. Make a big pot on the week to enjoy “fast food’ all week! Super simple, and quick and easy.
- Salads. I say eat a BAS (BIG ASS Salad) every day! Dark leafy greens and 2-4 other veggies with protein & healthy fat (think nuts & seeds & a delicious dressing on top).
- Smoothies. Add veggies to your smoothie. If that sounds weird, start with a handful of baby spinach (I promise it won’t taste like spinach, even my kiddo will drink this without complaint). Then graduate to lettuce, kale, arugula, anything that strikes your fancy.
- Sides. Veggies should be your default sides at every meal. Steamed, sautéed, roasted, raw, any way you like. Pro Tip: See if you can try a NEW one every week.
- Snacks. Veggies and hummus (or home made ranch dip) are always great any time snacks. I offer them after school when my son is hungry and don’t have to stress as much about whether he ate his veggies at dinner.
- Sandwiches. Add some greens and other veggies to make your sandwiches more nutrient-dense. Better yet, choose lettuce wraps as a grain free/gluten free option.
What are YOUR ideas for eating more vegetables? Please share below…