Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lb steak, thinly sliced (flank, sirloin, or NY strip)
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch or tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons tamari, divided
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, optional
In a gallon sized Ziploc bag combine tapioca starch, rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of tamari, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Add the beef, close the bag and shake to combine. Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
In a large skillet or wok, heat 3 teaspoons sesame oil and stir-fry the beef until browned, about 2-4 minutes.
Add broccoli and continue to stir-fry until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and remaining tamari. Allow the sauce to simmer and thicken before adding the green onions and sesame seeds (optional). Remove from the heat.
Serve over cauliflower rice, brown rice or quinoa. Garnish with sesame seeds.
(Recipe Courtesy of Breaking the Mold)